Our favourite haircare brand Maria Nila protects the ocean all year around with their innovating and sustainable products. But this year, they’ve gone a step further to protect our oceans with an inspiring summer campaign which both helps YOU and our planet …. #PlasticFreeBeautyDay #IChooseFriendly
This summer, Maria Nila embraces our vital relationship with the ocean by launching their latest look book campaign – NOMADS OF THE SEA.
Created and recorded at the wild beaches in Cape Town, South Africa, this new visual campaign captures the wild, natural and friendly characteristics of the ocean.
Through four new looks and styles, Maria Nila wants to highlight the importance of protecting our oceans, by donating from the sales of products used to create these styles, to THE PERFECT WORLD FOUNDATION and their projects SAVE THE OCEANS.
Like us, the ocean is a living thing – sometimes calm, sometimes wild. Therefore these hairstyles fits for all happenings this Summer, whether they’re relaxing or adventurous. All styles have been created with a base of the Maria Nila Ocean Spray, Salty Mist and Salty Cream which works perfectly on all hair types.
Look 1 – Salty Curls
- Mix Curly Cue and Salty Cream in your palms and apply a generous amount throughout from roots to ends (work in small sections to ensure even distribution)
- Use fingers to twirl and twist the hair from roots to end to help define hair natural texture (finger twist working in consistent 1cm sections. Use diagonal sections around the face instead of squares for a softer finish)
- Let hair air dry or use a diffuser
- At last, pull and separate/tease curls to create the ‘un-done’ look
Look 2 – Deep Sea Wet Look
- Towel dry hair until it’s approximately 60% dry and comb through with a wide-tooth comb (think damp, not soaking wet)
- Apply a generous amount of Salty Cream and Styling Cream mixed with a coin sized dash of Shale Wax
- Blow dry lightly. Add additional layers of styling cream (hair should be coated, but not to the point the hair sticks together too much)
- Finish with Extreme Spray all over
Look 3 – Wavy Braids
- Apply styling cream throughout damp hair to get added grip and definition
- Make a centre parting and make a firm braid on each side
- Add extra styling cream if needed to perfect the results and increase hold
- Finish by using a see-through elastic at the end of each braid for a neat look, add a light hold by using Salty Mist
- Shape the baby hair to desired form by using Gabbro Wax
Look 4 – Ocean Spray Beach Bun
- Spritz Ocean Spray all over damp hair and let air dry (scrunch hair with hands or micro fibre towel to amplify natural texture)
- Collect hair in casual messy bun on top of the head and secure with an elastic band
- Gently grasp the sides of the bun to widen buns radius by gently pulling edges to the sides and allow some strands to fall through
- Follow by pulling some strands around the face and neck